Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'sets'
2010 Apr 15:
Readying to rumble
- My workout plan for the week before my 10K target swim.
2010 May 19:
The meet warm-up: Preparing to swim fast
- Suggestions on warming up before a swim meet.
2011 Jan 26:
The Fishburn Set
- A famously hard 3500-yard pool set.
2011 Feb 11:
A good week
- An example 33,000-yard week of pool training.
2011 Mar 7:
The Pyramid of Death - a 25km pool set
- A 25,000-meter pool set in 6 hours, 15 minutes. My last long swim before the Tampa Bay Marathon Swim.
2011 May 4:
The Kitchen Sink Set
- An improvisational workout for when you get to pool and don't have a plan.
2012 Jun 18:
Good Workouts and Bad Workouts
- Trying to make the most of a workout where I felt 'off' from the beginning.