Archive of posts
2012 Jun 6:
Joining the South End Rowing Club
- My first swim in San Francisco Bay (and coldest of my life).
2012 Jun 12:
Race Report: Point Bonita to Aquatic Park, San Francisco
2013 Mar 10:
Same Water, Different Worlds: A tale of two swims in San Francisco Bay
- Cathy Delneo swims from McCovey Cove to Kirby Cove - 8.7 miles in 51-degree San Francisco Bay.
2013 Mar 12:
The Alcatraz Swimming Society
- I join Alcatraz swimming legends Gary Emich and Steve Hurwitz for one of their weekly crossings.
2013 May 12:
Swim Report: Five Coves of Death
- Five swim-perimeters of Aquatic Park, San Francisco, on the 5th of May, with the South End Rowing Club.
2013 Jul 30:
Alcatraz to San Francisco - sculling
- 1.25 miles from Alcatraz Island to Aquatic Park using only the sculling drill.
2013 Aug 5:
Candlestick Park to Aquatic Park support paddle
- Paddling for Cathy in the South End Rowing Club's annual 10-mile Candlestick swim.
2013 Aug 28:
Swim Report: Kirby Cove to Aquatic Park
- A 4.2-mile current-assisted swim from the Marin Headlands to Aquatic Park, San Francisco.
2013 Oct 6:
Non-Swim Report: Tomales Bay White Shark Swimming Association Fall Chomp
- El Sharko's annual swim / potluck / poetry reading on Point Reyes.
2013 Nov 21:
Suit, cap, goggles: That's all you really need.
- Some old-school swim gear on display at SERC inspires a few thoughts.
2013 Dec 6:
- A cold swim in San Francisco Bay is when the combined air and water temperatures (in Fahrenheit) is less than 100.
2013 Dec 20:
I hate winter swimming; I love winter swimming.
- Challenges and joys of swimming in cold water
2014 Feb 13:
The Chas Lap
- A challenging 2-mile swim in the vicinity of Aquatic Park, San Francisco.
2014 Feb 20:
Swim Report: Bay to Breakers
- A 10-mile current-assisted swim race from the Bay Bridge to Ocean Beach, San Francisco. Organized by the South End Rowing Club.
2014 Mar 9:
At the South End...
2015 Mar 15:
Dead Fish Swims
- A humorous term for current-assisted swims. Swims that even a dead fish could finish.
2016 Jan 15:
Swim Report: Candlestick Point to Aquatic Park
- Report on a 10-mile current assisted swim from Candlestick Point to Aquatic Park, San Francisco.
2016 Mar 11:
Pt Bonita to Aquatic Park on the Dreaded 9th of February
- Report on a 6.2-mile current assisted swim from Point Bonita on the Marin Headlands to Aquatic Park, San Francisco.