Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'SBCSA'
2011 Nov 18:
Swimming with the Ocean Ducks at Goleta Beach
- Overview of a beautiful 1-mile route between Goleta pier and Campus Point near U.C. Santa Barbara.
2011 Dec 4:
Banquet day in San Pedro: Celebrating a big season of California channel swimming
- My Catalina swim is officially sanctioned; joining the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association board.
2012 Feb 13:
First-time channel swimmer? Consider Anacapa Island
- An overview of the 12.2-mile channel swim from Anacapa Island to Oxnard, California.
2012 Jul 25:
Virgin Waters: Distances between and around the Channel Islands and the U.S. Mainland
- There are **80 possible swims** between and around the eight Channel Islands and the U.S. mainland. Only 11 of those have been conquered by solo swimmers.
2012 Sep 23:
Two days and two nights on a boat: Observing Catalina and Santa Barbara Channel swims
2012 Sep 27:
Report: Santa Barbara Channel, Santa Cruz Island to Oxnard
- A 19.1 mile solo marathon swim from San Pedro Point, Santa Cruz Island to Hollywood Beach, Oxnard. Subject of the documentary film DRIVEN, and a new course record.
2012 Nov 12:
Who is Ashby Harper?
- The remarkable life of hall-of-fame marathon swimmer Ashby Harper, among the first to swim the Santa Barbara Channel.
2013 Feb 11:
Take the marathon swimming rules survey
- Investigating community opinion among marathon swimmers about which rules are most fundamental.
2013 Apr 1:
SBCSA announces drug-testing for marathon swims
- Just finished a channel swim? Be prepared to pee in a cup.
2017 Mar 1:
The California Triple Crown of Marathon Swimming
- The three most significant marathon swims in California - Catalina Channel, Santa Barbara Channel, and the length of Lake Tahoe