Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'Promontory Point'
2010 Sep 7:
Embracing the cold
- Exploring sub-60-degree swimming in Lake Michigan.
2010 Sep 17:
Swimming at Chicago’s Promontory Point
- Overview of Chicago's best open-water swimming venue, Promontory Point.
2010 Oct 2:
Report: MIMS Qualifying Swim
- Four-hour, 60-degree swim in Lake Michigan at Promontory Point - qualifier for entering the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim.
2010 Oct 9:
The Swimmer and the Sea
- Cool photo as I contemplate swimming in Lake Michigan.
2011 Mar 3:
Fall at the Point
- A photo album of Promontory Point, Chicago.
2012 Jan 11:
Don't try this at home: A look back at 2011
- What's it like to swim Tampa Bay, Manhattan, Catalina, and the Ederle Swim in the same season?
2012 Feb 7:
Letters from Connie: There Is No Perfect Stroke
- Appreciating the variations in how humans adapt their bodies to the water.
2012 Feb 22:
Promontory Point: A marathon swimming landmark
- Promontory Point, which juts into Lake Michigan near the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, has a rich history of marathon swimming going back several decades.
2012 Apr 2:
Promontory Point in the 1940s