Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'gear'
2011 Jan 8:
On pull buoys
- An interview with Olympian Mark Warkentin about the usefulness of pull buoys in swim training.
2011 Feb 21:
Do you need a swim watch when you have a pace clock?
- The surprising usefulness of oversized analog clocks for swim training.
2011 Feb 22:
Review: Oregon Scientific Swim Watch
2011 Mar 28:
Review: FINIS Swimsense Performance Monitor
- Comprehensive review of FINIS' new Swimsense swim watch and web app.
2011 Sep 22:
A marathon swim checklist
- Packing list and suggested products for marathon swims. Basic essentials, nutrition, discomfort maintenance, communication, and other gear.
2012 Mar 24:
A business idea: Super Swedes
- I'd be willing to pay way more than $4 for swedish-style goggles with scratch-resistant lenses and longer-lasting straps.
2013 Jan 24:
Should you use swim paddles? A rule of thumb
- Power paddles vs. technique paddles - how to know the difference and when to use them.
2013 May 9:
Daytime goggles, Nighttime goggles
- The effect of UV radiation on bungee straps.
2013 May 20:
Follow-up review: FINIS Swimsense watch
- I retract my original recommendation of the FINIS Swimsense watch, due to numerous flaws that have emerged during my ownership of multiple units.
2013 Aug 27:
Improving the Swedish goggle? Testing the Nootca 5
2013 Nov 21:
Suit, cap, goggles: That's all you really need.
- Some old-school swim gear on display at SERC inspires a few thoughts.