Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'Catalina'
2010 Dec 2:
Ederle’s timeless advice
- Gertrude Ederle's comments on marathon swimming strategy ring true 90 years later
2011 Aug 20:
Crewing for Cliff
- Getting some practice swimming in the Catalina Channel as a pace swimmer.
2011 Nov 3:
Catalina Channel data analysis
2011 Dec 4:
Banquet day in San Pedro: Celebrating a big season of California channel swimming
- My Catalina swim is officially sanctioned; joining the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association board.
2011 Dec 6:
Swim Report: Catalina Channel
- Report on solo swim of the Catalina Channel. 8 hours, 55 minutes on August 25, 2011.
2012 Jan 11:
Don't try this at home: A look back at 2011
- What's it like to swim Tampa Bay, Manhattan, Catalina, and the Ederle Swim in the same season?
2012 Mar 4:
Water temperature in the Catalina Channel
- Trends in sea temp over 14 years of NOAA data from the channel.
2012 Sep 23:
Two days and two nights on a boat: Observing Catalina and Santa Barbara Channel swims
2017 Mar 1:
The California Triple Crown of Marathon Swimming
- The three most significant marathon swims in California - Catalina Channel, Santa Barbara Channel, and the length of Lake Tahoe
2018 Mar 16:
- Revisiting my Catalina swim in the “history books” and the original observer log