Farther, Colder, Rougher
Archive of posts
in category 'resources'
2011 Mar 8:
- For easy conversion of short-course yards, long-course meters, and open water swimming.
An Open Water Swimming Pace Table
2011 Sep 22:
- Packing list and suggested products for marathon swims. Basic essentials, nutrition, discomfort maintenance, communication, and other gear.
A marathon swim checklist
2012 Aug 22:
- What does it mean to be 'aware' of your surroundings in a lap swimming pool?
Advanced Pool Etiquette for Masters Swimmers, Lesson 1: Awareness
2012 Aug 28:
- If you leave 5 seconds apart with only one other person in your lane, you're probably doing it wrong.
Advanced Pool Etiquette for Masters Swimmers, Lesson 2: Personal Space
2014 Jun 23:
- 10 years of English Channel weather data, in a single CSV file. And some fun charts.
Information Wants to be Free: Sandettie Lightship and the English Channel
2016 May 19:
- Packing list and recommended products for observing marathon open-water swims.
The Observer's Toolkit
2017 Mar 1:
- The three most significant marathon swims in California - Catalina Channel, Santa Barbara Channel, and the length of Lake Tahoe
The California Triple Crown of Marathon Swimming
2017 Dec 22:
- What are the most essential details in documenting a marathon swim? Who, where, what, when, and how.
Minimal Swim Documentation Template
2018 Feb 27:
- Suggested best practices for displaying swim results, to better preserve and maintain marathon swimming history.
On Authoritative Results
2018 Mar 2:
- Suggested best practices to ensure accurate and precise timing of marathon swims. Official elapsed time derives from the difference between the start time of day and the finish time of day.
Reliable Timing of Marathon Swims